Thursday 4 April 2013

Help I'm Getting Hitched! - Diary of a Bride to Be

By Billie King.

So recently I got engaged, and while yes it was probably the best day of my life to date, when the initial excitement and surprise had died down I sat back and thought, wow!  What to I do now? Where do I start? I know next to nothing about planning a wedding;  attending, eating, celebrating and having a good drink and dance, yes I know all about that, but planning, now that is a whole other area of 'the unknown'.

I have agreed to write a blog for WeddingXtras, talking through the different stages of planning a wedding and hopefully helping other brides to be, as I find out just how to do this.

Firstly I will tell you how my man dropped down on one knee and proposed to me.

After 2 years of being friends and me being stubborn, I finally agreed, after much persuasion, to let Max (that’s my fiancĂ©e) to take me out on a date, what he had in mind wasn’t exactly my idea of a ordinary first date, but knowing Max as well as I did, I knew that it would be something out of the ordinary, that’s the type of guy he is.

Slightly apprehensive and nervous I climbed into the dirty Land Rover he owned which, might I add was covered in dog hair and although I had jumped in there many times before, in the back of my mind I was thinking he could have cleaned up a bit. Still he was playing my favorite Oasis song, ‘Wonderwall’ so I let him off as he gave me a cheeky grin.

Next thing I know we are at an airfield and he’s telling me we are going sky diving, I was petrified but went along as the gesture was so nice; I had told him once that when I was a little girl I always wished I could fly!

I had an amazing time and 4 years on we are still together and happier than ever and most importantly head over heels in love.

The proposal, you wonder was it as out-going and crazy as our first date? Well, no, but never the less it was a beautiful romantic moment.

I was sitting in my house on a lazy Saturday, I had nothing planned other than to spend the evening in my pjs eating rubbish and watching trash TV, perfect! However Max, always one to be spur of the moment, decided to pop round and inform me I had 10 minuets to get dressed and come with him. Slightly annoyed I obliged and followed him into the dog hair ridden Landy.

20 minuets later we pulled up at the same air field as our first date however this time it was night time and I told Max there was no way in hell I was jumping out of a plane in the pitch black. As I jumped out of the Land Rover I realised that Max had planned a romantic candle lit meal for two in one of the old plane hangers. As I got closer I realised that there was something spelt out in candles it said 'will you?' as I looked at Max to ask him will I what? He dropped to one knee and said 'marry me?' Like the big girl that I am I burst into tears and cried my heart out until I finally managed to say yes!

It was such a lovely, romantic way of asking me as it was at the scene of our first date, however with Max he could have proposed in a fast food car park and I would have said yes.

So there that’s my starting story and over the next few weeks I will go step-by-step on how I am planning my wedding and hopefully this blog will help you as well.

Keep reading best wishes Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment